"One of my key educational goals is ensuring that
Texas students have the science, technology and math education that
makes them competitive in the global market place. The Fredericksburg
Education Initiative is a first step toward meeting this goal because it
will help prepare our teachers for this exciting and challenging
- Rick Perry, Governor of Texas
"Your testimony caused the education conversations of
our commission to catch fire. We feel the energy and commitment that
you and your students devote to your studies. Furthermore, we see those
efforts paying large dividends to our country. We salute you and wish
you only the best."
- The Honorable Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge, Jr. – Chairman, Commission on Moon, Mars and Beyond
"We welcome the opportunity to support and encourage
our youth of today to pursue careers in the Science and Engineering
fields, and this type of program is a very good "hands-in" approach."
- William F. Engel, Brigadier General, US Army Commanding General
"Your program influences your students at the age
when they need to make some critical decisions in their life and getting
them to consider engineering and specializing in rocket propulsion is
very important to our industry."
- Lee Meyer, Vice President Marketing – Aerojet General Corporation
"The knowledge and experience you have gained from
your class work and flight is invaluable as you continue your education.
Congratulations on breaking the sound barrier!"
- Lamar Smith, Member of Congress
"These young students of yours are being provided
opportunities that, unfortunately, too few young people get. The
opportunity to not only learn about science and space, but to experience
the joy and the thrill of turning this learning into a real vehicle and
watching that vehicle soar. Those are the kinds of experiences that
will stay with these students forever and will lead them to continue the
education they need to become the scientists and engineers of
- Daniel S. Goldin, Administrator - NASA
"Your summer launch is a shining example that 'What
Texans can dream, Texans can do.' The future of our state and nation
depends on young people becoming active and involved citizens and you
are off to a great start."
- George W. Bush, [Governor of Texas, President of the United States]
"Your work in supporting the students of tomorrow is
unsurpassed in the ranks of high school science teachers. Your rocket
design and flight program has and continues to positively influence
students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math
(STEM). It has been said, "The launch of a rocket does not begin at the
launch pad, but rather at the classroom door." You are demonstrating the
meaning of that statement to all who observe your program."
- Art Stephenson, Special Assistant to the NASA Associate Administrator for Education
"Your work and that of your pupils is something to be
very proud of and I am happy to be able to say it is a part of the
Texas public education system."
- Mike Jackson, State Senator, District 11
"I believe that your program serves as a catalyst for
academic growth and teamwork skills that are essential to our Nation's
future workforce. Our country needs more students and educators pursuing
science, technology, engineering and mathematics to protect our
security and our way of life."
- A.G. Stephenson, Director – George C. Marshall Space Flight Center
"You will be pleased to know that Jacob Neu was
selected as the recipient of one of the 2003 Texas Society of
Professional Engineers' Regional Scholarships. The applications were
very competitive this year, and your letter of recommendation was of
tremendous influence in our decision making. Your influence as a teacher
has directly influenced this scholarship process, and clearly has
helped to shape the intellectual life of a fine young student."
- Kenneth Rigsbee, P.E., Chairman, Texas Engineering Foundation; Phil Brown, P.E., Chairman, TSPE Scholarship Committee
"I have met astronauts who start crying when they
talk about seeing the Earth from orbit. I really want to experience that
kind of emotion."
- Justin Junell, Former FHS Suborbital Aeroscience Studies student
"You are to be commended for your efforts in teaching
the youth of Texas. Good luck with your program and with future efforts
in education and technology."
- Robert L. Crippen, President – Thiokol Propulsion, a division of Cordant Technologies, Inc.
"Mr. Speaker, I rise today to point this out to my
colleagues here in the House. I hope that the good citizens throughout
the 11th Congressional District of Texas and throughout the United
States will recognize these accomplishments, will look for their own
communities to say: We have some kids that are as bright and as smart as
these kids in Fredericksburg, Texas; I wonder why we cannot beat their
record, why we cannot put a 35-pound payload 100,000 feet into the air
and recover it intact. It is a great accomplishment that is going on in
- Mike Conaway, US Congressman
"What Brett is doing is great and I'd strongly
encourage other programs like his elsewhere, we need to make engineering
interesting to students and this is a great way to do it."
- Elon Musk, President Space Exploration Technologies
"I was just flabbergasted with how sharp those students were…they sounded like college engineers about to graduate."
- Jerry Berg, NASA MSFC
"This project (Redbird 1) is everything our constituents are telling us they want in schools."
- Senator Jeff Wentworth
"Lifted by a fiery blast, Redbird 1 soared through a
bright blue sky Wednesday, blazing a new trail for technology-based
education in Texas. …their efforts have placed Fredericksburg High at
the forefront of aerospace technology among Texas high schools".
- Kevin Wishard, Austin American Statesman
"…the most advanced high school rocketry program in the nation."
- Congressman Lamar Smith
- 07-May-2013 Rockets 13 Houston
- 02-May-2013 Rockets to fill the skies over Fredericksburg in May
- 26-Apr-2013 Rockets13 map, info, links
- 26-Apr-2013 Space-X featured in Texas Coop Power magazine
- 14-Jan-2013 2013 Launch Dates!
- 05-Dec-2012 Announcing 2013 Teacher Training Dates
- 02-May-2012 Rockets 2012!
- 01-Dec-2011 Interest takes off in Brazoswood’s new rocket class
- 18-Aug-2011 Fredericksburg attempts White Sands launch
- 26-Jul-2011 Aerospace Students at WSMR (Article)
- 25-Jul-2011 SystemsGo signs historic agreement with White Sands Missile Range
- 25-Jun-2011 SystemsGo aeroscience trains 18 high school teachers in Houston for first time
- 18-Jun-2011 SpaceX Announces Support for SystemsGo Aeroscience Program
- 09-Feb-2011 Hickerson named President of SystemsGo
- 27-Oct-2010 AT&T Awards $25,000 to Rockets 2011