“To enhance education for better workforce development; and to ignite tomorrow’s innovators while developing the most valued engineering and manufacturing workforce to compete in the global market.”
Improve education in America by inspiring students, teachers, and administrators within the present educational system. Motivate and equip high school students to develop 21st Century skills and pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
A four-year, sequenced, STEM curricula that meets Career and Tech Ed (CTE) course TEKS and HB-5 requirements and receives CTE funding. Curricula covers introductions to the R&D industry and innovation; mechanical drafting/CAD for working drawings capture; and applied physics of main energy systems - mechanical, electrical, thermal, fluid - through design, build, and test projects.
Learning primarily through application, not memorization.
Project-based teaching that engages all types of learners.
Knowledge and skills are reinforced and expanded through increasingly complex project goals.
The possibility of project failure, and its analysis if it occurs, is part of the learning experience.
Life skill development in problem-solving, critical thinking, cognitive reasoning, project management, team work, leadership, and R&D skills and innovation are incorporated.
The Texas Education Agency has approved SystemsGo for the fourth year science credit required for graduation.
SystemsGo is certified as a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Provider for the State of Texas.
Endorsed by NASA, the Space Foundation, the Army, Boeing, SpaceX, SAIC, Texas Space Grant Consortium, Texas A&M, and TSTC.
Successes to Date
64% of SystemsGo high school graduates are pursuing studies in engineering.
SystemsGo alumni now work for NASA, commercial space companies, private space companies, the military and military/aerospace contractors.
75 teachers, across 50 schools, have been professionally trained to implement SystemsGo in their schools over the past nine years.
- 13-Feb-2015 NASA, Fredericksburg HS team up for cyber Critical Design Review
- 12-Feb-2015 Science Mill teams up with SystemsGo: Love of science
- 03-Feb-2015 SystemsGo Alumnus featured on CBS News
- 12-Nov-2014 Booker T. Washington makes a difference with rocket program
- 31-Oct-2014 Boeing Company provides grant to SystemsGo STEM program
- 21-Oct-2014 2015 Launch Dates Set
- 07-Aug-2014 High school STEM students test rockets at military test facility
- 24-Feb-2014 Fredericksburg: All SystemsGo for STEM Endorsement
- 12-Dec-2013 FHS aeroscience program seeking alumni feedback
- 26-Apr-2013 Space-X featured in Texas Coop Power magazine