Shoot for the Stars Rocket Camp!
NOTE: These camps are now only being offered in Fredericksburg during the summer. Call 830-997-7182 for details
Brett Williams, founder of the SystemsGo Aeroscience program at Fredericksburg High School, developed this camp to bring the excitement and education concepts to younger students.
Youngsters design, build, and fly their very own model rocket in only a few days.
This introduction to the exciting world of rocketry explains the world of rockets and aeroscience through simple lessons in Newtonian physics and rocket flight. Students learn the laws of rocket stability, fluid dynamics, and aerodynamics. They study stable rocket flight designs and ultimately design their own flight vehicle. Best of all, they actually build and launch each vehicle at the end of the course to show family and friends what they learned. It is the first step to the stars!
|This photo gallery has no pictures.|
- 14-May-2015 Rockets 2015 Fredericksburg launch details
- 19-Mar-2015 Parker valves help launch high-flying educational effort
- 13-Feb-2015 NASA, Fredericksburg HS team up for cyber Critical Design Review
- 12-Feb-2015 Science Mill teams up with SystemsGo: Love of science
- 03-Feb-2015 SystemsGo Alumnus featured on CBS News
- 12-Nov-2014 Booker T. Washington makes a difference with rocket program
- 31-Oct-2014 Boeing Company provides grant to SystemsGo STEM program
- 21-Oct-2014 2015 Launch Dates Set
- 07-Aug-2014 High school STEM students test rockets at military test facility
- 24-Feb-2014 Fredericksburg: All SystemsGo for STEM Endorsement
- 12-Dec-2013 FHS aeroscience program seeking alumni feedback
- 26-Apr-2013 Space-X featured in Texas Coop Power magazine